Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Footrest is Up

I sit for the first time in the recliner with the laptop on my lap in the new place. This space is very different than the old space. It is an unfinished apartment with openings in the walls and ceiling. Concrete floor that I a half dozen carpet remnants on for foot comfort. Electricity is on, hopefully hot water next week. I still need to disinfect and scrub and disinfect the shower a few times before I will use it even with hot water, but especially with cold water. Lifestyle adjustments must be made when income disappears and retirement planning was cast aside for the pleasure of giving and sharing and taking care of others. I have learned from the past and have some savings this time, but not for the long term and I don't plan on leaving this life anytime soon so I will find income again before savings runs too low, but once again the bittersweet lyrics roll through my head. Never thought I'd be alone... this far down the line.

I must unpack the music.

No comments: